TERMS & CONDITIONS
DELAYS AND CANCELATION
If the client cancels the booking within 14 days prior to departure, NorthernShots Narvik (hereafter NSN) will refund her/him the whole amount.
If the client cancels later than 14 days prior to departure, NSN will retain the whole amount.
NSN shall not be liable for delays or cancellations caused by Force Majeure such as strike lock out, or collisions, fire and damage on buses, trains, ferries or planes.
We accept no responsibility or liability of war, terrorism, diseases or any conditions beyond our control.
GROUNDS FOR CANCELLATION
Granted that the local weather forecasts are generally very accurate, there will always be a margin of error that makes impossible to predict with 100% accuracy whether there will be or not a chance to find some clear skies during a tour. Our experience on the field proved that, statistically, even in the worst weather circumstances, a 5 minutes totally unpredicted opening in the clouds can turn a hopeless night into a successful chase.
For this reason, we stick to the rule that, as long as the driving/road conditions are considered as safe, we never cancel a tour.
Group reservations are confirmed upon a prepayment of 20% as a deposit. The remaining 80% has to be paid up to 14 days prior to tour departure. The reservation can be cancelled and fully refunded within 14 days prior to tour departure. After this period, we order all our services and it is therefore not possible to issue a refund.
SAFETY AND SECURITY
Our staff/guides are actively working to ensure that the tour will be carried through in the safest possible way, however we cannot supervise every single step the participants will take.
All areas where our excursions take place have been repeatedly tested. We personally made sure all the areas we might happen to stop and operate, to be safe and suitable for our guests.
NSN and its officers, employees, guides, agents or representatives (collectively its staff) or the licensor are not responsible for any personal injury, death, property damage, or loss sustained by me as a result of my participation in an excursion with NSN, due to any cause whatsoever, including without any limitation, negligence on the part of NSN, its staff or licensor.
By joining our tours the customer is aware that our excursion, in addition to the usual dangers and risks inherent has certain additional dangers and risks, some of which may include: physical exertion for which he or she may not be prepared, weather extremes subject to sudden and unexpected change, remoteness from normal medical services, evacuation difficulties if he or she is disabled.
The customer accepts all the inherent risks of the proposed excursion and the possibility of personal injury, death, property damage or loss resulting there from.
The customer also agrees that if he or she suffers injury or illnesses NSN can, at his/her costs, arrange medical treatment and emergency evacuation service, as NSN deem essential for my safety.
NSN is not responsible for any valuable/property lost or stolen during the excursions.
All photographs taken during our excursions might be published by NSN. Unless differently agreed upon written request, the client acknowledges that all photographs taken during the tour can be publicly displayed and put for sale by NSN.
NSN does not sell the ownership nor the copyrights of an image, but only the license to use it.
The re-distribution of our photos, or the use of our photos within products that are mass distributed in any type of archive format is not allowed without an extended or special license.
You may not lease, sell or re-distribute, publish or use for any commercial or public purpose any of NSN images unless an extended license for product resale or a special license with free rights for the image was purchased.
You can use NSN images for any personal projects without time, location, or number constraints.
All NSN images are provided as downloadable JPG files. We do NOT sell hard copies nor any kind of prints unless differently agreed upon private requests.
Once a purchase is made, we cannot offer a refund. The reason for this policy is because we offer full access to our entire digital collection of photos and, as such, there is no way for our products to be returned.
Once a purchase is made the client gets immediately provided by email with a link to a private page where it will be possible to download the purchased digital material. The link gives right to 5 downloads per item purchased and will expire 15 days after purchasing.
You are not allowed to use NSN images in any way that places the photographer or people in the photo in a bad light.
You are not allowed to use NSN images in any manner that is considered libelous, slanderous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, or illegal.